Choose Your Options
This is a digital product delivered via email after purchase.
Please read the detailed information below and Here before purchase – no refunds for digital products.
Your purchase of the 2021 List:
- Provides you with a list of 31 pet food manufacturers compiled and trusted by an experienced (since 2006) pet food consumer advocate. No company pays a fee to be considered or to be included on the List; they are selected solely on their use of quality food ingredients, nutritional standards and safety procedures (testing).
- Supports pet food consumer advocacy. The FDA allows pet feeds (labeled as cat food and dog food) to violate federal law. Every US state allows pet feed to violate state laws. And no regulatory authority requires pet feeds to be transparent with pet owners disclosing their use of illegal, waste ingredients. Since 2006 we have been battling regulatory authorities on these and many other concerns.
- Supports a different pet non-profit each month throughout the year. 10% of all sales will be donated to a different pet non-profit each month. To see which non-profit is benefiting from your purchase this month, Click Here.
The List is offered at various prices to allow for various levels of support to the pet food consumer advocacy work of Susan Thixton and TruthaboutPetFood.com. The document is the same no matter what price you purchase at.
- The List is not an endorsement of any pet food. It is a 'list' of pet foods that I (Susan Thixton) trust to give to my own pets. The pet foods were selected from detailed information and verification to quality of ingredients that was provided by each company considered. Unfortunately, we can't guarantee pet owners that any of these pet foods won't be recalled in the future - that is beyond our control. We can guarantee that we verified quality of ingredients used in each pet food on the 2021 List (and verified claims of organic ingredients and meats sourced from humanely raised animals).
- No pet food company pays to be on The List. I do not receive money from pet food companies – Susan Thixton, TruthaboutPetFood.com and AssociationforTruthinPetFood.com is 100% consumer supported.
- These pet foods can be purchased from quality independent pet foods stores, and/or directly from the manufacturer, and some are available in larger retail. Each manufacturer page in the List provides information on their specific distribution.
- Most pet foods on the 2021 List are available only in the US. 7 manufacturers sell in Canada, 2 offer limited international distribution.
- The 2021 List contains 31 different pet food manufacturers; 17 companies selling cat food, 30 companies selling dog food. 16 manufacturers provide cooked pet foods, 15 manufacturers provide raw pet foods, 7 provide freeze dried or dehydrated, 2 provide kibble, and 1 provides canned pet food.
Your receipt email will include a link to download the 2021 List. The download link will be under the section titled 'Your Cart Items'. If you do not receive your receipt email and download link for the List within 30 minutes of ordering, check your SPAM folder. If you still need help receiving the document email Susan Thixton - Susan@TruthaboutPetFood.com.
Please save the document on your computer once downloaded.
Your credit card/bank statement will say TruthPetFoo.
American Express card is not accepted.
Thank you! Your purchase supports pet food consumer advocacy and a pet charity throughout the year (1 charity per month).
Amazing report, couldn't have figured this out by myself
Posted by Michele Little on 3rd Jan 2021
So much research, made my life so much easier. Made my pets life so much better. Integrity finally....someone and something I trust fully to tell the truth about pet food.
Posted by Unknown on 30th Dec 2020
Appreciate the work that goes into this research.
Posted by Gregg on 30th Dec 2020
Provides what I need to make good choices for our furry child!
I feel good about knowing the food is safe
Posted by Unknown on 28th Dec 2020
I have tried so many types of dog and cat food. Each one is not something I feel confident feeding my pets. With this list I feel secure knowing the ingredients in the food listed are safe and healthy for my pets. It’s worth the peace of mind. I had a dog who was poisoned by the food I fed her, thinking it was decent food, but it gave my dog terrible digestive issues and ruined her kidneys. Now I can feel safer about what my pets eat. I make my dog’s food mostly but need some kibble. This list is perfect. I appreciate all you do to protect our pets.
Posted by CW on 28th Dec 2020
Although I've never heard of any of these companies, except for Caru, I appreciate the diligence in providing such a comprehensive list of foods safe for pets.
Posted by Tammy Clouse on 27th Dec 2020
Unfortunately, even though great information was provided, most of the companies were t available to me living in Arizona
Posted by Gina on 25th Dec 2020
I was highly surprised to see the food that i feed my dogs on the list. It made me feel good that with the help of your cite and others that I made a good decision. I found it interesting, very informative, and I would be interested in trying other foods as well.
Thank you for your hard work to put out this list.
Truly a gift for pets and their parents
Posted by Unknown on 25th Dec 2020
I've always read the labels to find, what I hoped, would be the best food for my cat that I could afford. Susan's research is a wonderful gift.
My girl still loves her canned food, alas not on the list, but I encourage more raw, freeze dried from Susan's list.
Can't be without it!
Posted by Kerry Emery on 22nd Dec 2020
This is the ONLY place to get this information. It's important for your pets health to have the knowledge to feed them safely.
Posted by Megan on 20th Dec 2020
The List contains invaluable information on the best quality food that I can feed my cats. I have discovered brands I didn't know existed. The List not only saves me time but it saves me from having to worry that a company's marketing does not match the actual product. The verification process Susan Thixton conducts with each brand leaves me confident that I can select a food that has earned its place on The List. Thank you, Susan!