Choose Your Options
This is a digital product delivered via email after purchase.
Please read the detailed information below and Here before purchase – no refunds for digital products.
Your purchase of the 2021 List:
- Provides you with a list of 30 pet food manufacturers compiled and trusted by an experienced (since 2006) pet food consumer advocate. No company pays a fee to be considered or to be included on the List; they are selected solely on their use of quality food ingredients, nutritional standards and safety procedures (testing).
- Supports pet food consumer advocacy. The FDA allows pet feeds (labeled as cat food and dog food) to violate federal law. Every US state allows pet feed to violate state laws. And no regulatory authority requires pet feeds to be transparent with pet owners disclosing their use of illegal, waste ingredients. Since 2006 we have been battling regulatory authorities on these and many other concerns.
- Supports a different pet non-profit each month throughout the year. 10% of all sales will be donated to a different pet non-profit each month. To see which non-profit is benefiting from your purchase this month, Click Here.
The List is offered at various prices to allow for various levels of support to the pet food consumer advocacy work of Susan Thixton and TruthaboutPetFood.com. The document is the same no matter what price you purchase at.
- The List is not an endorsement of any pet food. It is a 'list' of pet foods that I (Susan Thixton) trust to give to my own pets. The pet foods were selected from detailed information and verification to quality of ingredients that was provided by each company considered. Unfortunately, we can't guarantee pet owners that any of these pet foods won't be recalled in the future - that is beyond our control. We can guarantee that we verified quality of ingredients used in each pet food on the 2021 List (and verified claims of organic ingredients and meats sourced from humanely raised animals).
- No pet food company pays to be on The List. I do not receive money from pet food companies – Susan Thixton, TruthaboutPetFood.com and AssociationforTruthinPetFood.com is 100% consumer supported.
- These pet foods can be purchased from quality independent pet foods stores, and/or directly from the manufacturer, and some are available in larger retail. Each manufacturer page in the List provides information on their specific distribution.
- Most pet foods on the 2021 List are available only in the US. 7 manufacturers sell in Canada, 2 offer limited international distribution.
- The 2021 List contains 30 different pet food manufacturers; 16 companies selling cat food, 29 companies selling dog food. 16 manufacturers provide cooked pet foods, 14 manufacturers provide raw pet foods, 7 provide freeze dried or dehydrated, 2 provide kibble, and 1 provides canned pet food.
Your receipt email will include a link to download the 2021 List. The download link will be under the section titled 'Your Cart Items'. If you do not receive your receipt email and download link for the List within 30 minutes of ordering, check your SPAM folder. If you still need help receiving the document email Susan Thixton - Susan@TruthaboutPetFood.com.
Please save the document on your computer once downloaded.
Your credit card/bank statement will say TruthPetFoo.
American Express card is not accepted.
Thank you! Your purchase supports pet food consumer advocacy and a pet charity throughout the year (1 charity per month).
Showing reviews 1-10 of 91 | Next
Posted by Unknown on 18th Jun 2021
Thanks for your hard work on the list! Was a little disappointed to not see a couple of brands I feed on it but I still trust them.
Always a Reliable Source of information
Posted by Brenda McCoy on 17th Jun 2021
I’ve been referring to this II at for years and it motivated me to get certified in animal nutrition and raw diets. Excellent source to find companies you don’t hear about doing great things with food for our furry friends. Thanks Susan for al that you do!
Availability in Canada
Posted by Elizabeth Gosling on 15th Jun 2021
Without a doubt, Susan Thixton's investigative work, her dedication to bring about more transparency and responsibility of pet food manufacturers is invaluable. Her 2021 list is extremely well researched, providing a great information to the pet owner. Unfortunately, the list is more useful to pet owners in the U.S. as there are very few pet food formulas available in Canada, where I reside. However, I do not regret subscribing to this list.
Very good info!
Posted by Unknown on 13th Jun 2021
I love always expanding my info on what I feed. Great list!
Worth Every Penny!
Posted by May on 13th Jun 2021
I am very happy that someone is taking the time to do a lot of research into our pet food industry to WARN us consumers of the danger and harm caused by such disgusting food like pet foods.
Excellent Reference Guide
Posted by Barb Davis on 10th Jun 2021
I purchase this guide every year. The research put into the products is unbelievable. I won't feed my dogs any food not on the list.
Useful for dogs,not for cats
Posted by Unknown on 31st May 2021
This list is helpful for dogs, but not for cats. The criteria is foid that's human-grade etc, but most of the foods listed have grains and vegetables, which are fine for dogs but not cats. Cats are obligate carnivores.
Great product review
Posted by Karen on 29th May 2021
I think this review is awesome ! However, there
pet food companies not listed that are not listed. I called a company I thought used human grade food and I was correct. This review is an excellent guide.
What a Relief!
Posted by Paul P. on 17th May 2021
I am sick & tired of trying to find a good food for my dog, only to find out what i thought was good is just more crap.
Thanks for the suggestions & i've found thru this list Open Farm - its kibble, but I will be supplementing with organic chicken broth too. I can't afford the other lightly cooked foods & raw he has had issues with. It goes to show how many of the kibble foods in pet stores are no good. There are only two on this list!
Susan does all the work!
Posted by Chris on 13th May 2021
much appreciate Susan's investigative analysis on the best foods!
Showing reviews 1-10 of 91 | Next