Choose Your Options
This is a digital product delivered via email after purchase.
Please read the detailed information below and Here before purchase – no refunds for digital products.
Your purchase of the 2021 List:
- Provides you with a list of 30 pet food manufacturers compiled and trusted by an experienced (since 2006) pet food consumer advocate. No company pays a fee to be considered or to be included on the List; they are selected solely on their use of quality food ingredients, nutritional standards and safety procedures (testing).
- Supports pet food consumer advocacy. The FDA allows pet feeds (labeled as cat food and dog food) to violate federal law. Every US state allows pet feed to violate state laws. And no regulatory authority requires pet feeds to be transparent with pet owners disclosing their use of illegal, waste ingredients. Since 2006 we have been battling regulatory authorities on these and many other concerns.
- Supports a different pet non-profit each month throughout the year. 10% of all sales will be donated to a different pet non-profit each month. To see which non-profit is benefiting from your purchase this month, Click Here.
The List is offered at various prices to allow for various levels of support to the pet food consumer advocacy work of Susan Thixton and TruthaboutPetFood.com. The document is the same no matter what price you purchase at.
- The List is not an endorsement of any pet food. It is a 'list' of pet foods that I (Susan Thixton) trust to give to my own pets. The pet foods were selected from detailed information and verification to quality of ingredients that was provided by each company considered. Unfortunately, we can't guarantee pet owners that any of these pet foods won't be recalled in the future - that is beyond our control. We can guarantee that we verified quality of ingredients used in each pet food on the 2021 List (and verified claims of organic ingredients and meats sourced from humanely raised animals).
- No pet food company pays to be on The List. I do not receive money from pet food companies – Susan Thixton, TruthaboutPetFood.com and AssociationforTruthinPetFood.com is 100% consumer supported.
- These pet foods can be purchased from quality independent pet foods stores, and/or directly from the manufacturer, and some are available in larger retail. Each manufacturer page in the List provides information on their specific distribution.
- Most pet foods on the 2021 List are available only in the US. 7 manufacturers sell in Canada, 2 offer limited international distribution.
- The 2021 List contains 30 different pet food manufacturers; 16 companies selling cat food, 29 companies selling dog food. 16 manufacturers provide cooked pet foods, 14 manufacturers provide raw pet foods, 7 provide freeze dried or dehydrated, 2 provide kibble, and 1 provides canned pet food.
Your receipt email will include a link to download the 2021 List. The download link will be under the section titled 'Your Cart Items'. If you do not receive your receipt email and download link for the List within 30 minutes of ordering, check your SPAM folder. If you still need help receiving the document email Susan Thixton - Susan@TruthaboutPetFood.com.
Please save the document on your computer once downloaded.
Your credit card/bank statement will say TruthPetFoo.
American Express card is not accepted.
Thank you! Your purchase supports pet food consumer advocacy and a pet charity throughout the year (1 charity per month).
Showing reviews 1-10 of 79 | Next
Helpful Info, limited as to kibble
Posted by Scott Loras on 23rd Apr 2021
The report is interesting and thorough regarding raw, cooked, and some freeze dried, but is lacking as to kibble. It is definitely worth the cost to see all her research in one list. Even though it is clear these other forms are superior, there not always practical or affordable for many pet owners. It would be helpful to also see the highest rated kibble on this list even if a disclaimer as to their relative value (in terms of the pets health) is necessary. It would also be nice to see a few recipes for homemade incorporated into the list. All this said, it’s still helpful info with reasonable detail about the products on the list and links.
The only place I go for honest information about cat food
Posted by Joann on 9th Apr 2021
I have always trusted Susan. She does intensive research and isn't endorsed by any company. She is in her own league, unlike all the other dishonest reviews on cat/dog food. In 2020, I decided to finally pay for the list. This year I subscribed again and am glad I did because a new cat food that met all the criteria was new on this list. If you love your fur baby, you will want to feed them the healthiest food. Her list is the ONLY way to find out the truth about the ultimately highest quality cat/dog food.
Need more Canadian and Kibble approved foods
Posted by Sharla on 28th Mar 2021
Really appreciate the time and knowledge put into the list. However as a dog owner that lives in Canada and has dog that has been unsuccessful on raw, I wasn’t able to find any approved foods for my dog. She has a lot of gastrointestinal issues and I bought this list in hopes of finding a better food. Because of the lack of Canadian and Kibble options, I am still no further ahead in search of a healthy food options for my dog.
Great Dog Advice
Posted by Gina Maria Jones on 27th Mar 2021
Susan Thixton put a tremendous amount of work into writing the 2021 List. It helped us pick out a new dog food for our dog who has been having a lot of problems. We are grateful for all of her hard work and help. Thank you Susan!
CATS GET FIRST BITES, WANT MORE!
Posted by Jo on 24th Mar 2021
Mixed in with former food, cats ate around former food
Truth about food list 2021
Posted by Chris Nitz on 23rd Mar 2021
Well thought out & laid out of food information - broken down clearly! Highly recommend
Best info for the best foods
Posted by Paula Brandon on 23rd Mar 2021
Such a great source of the best foods. i like that a few of the brands I use are on this list. I have ordered this for the past several years.
LOVED THE LIST - SAVED ME A TON OF TIME!
Posted by Andrea on 20th Mar 2021
This list was such a lifesaver. With so many choices for dog food out there, the spreadsheet really narrowed it down for me. I was going to have to create something like this on my own which would have taken hours. Because I trust Susan Thixton, it was super easy to just follow the research already done by you!
Posted by Suzanne on 16th Mar 2021
Even though I have purchased the same dog food (My perfect pet) for several years I like to see new products. I need a dog food to travel with and trying to keep the food frozen sometimes is difficult so I like that I have freeze dried or dehydrated options from the list if I need them.
Posted by Unknown on 12th Mar 2021
Showing reviews 1-10 of 79 | Next